Both Hunter Douglas and Graber are top-of-the-line products. However, they differ in prices, and power systems. What makes a difference when you set out for customization is preference. There is little difference in quality and pricing between the companies.
Both companies have a range of selections for you to choose from. What separates them is affordability and quality. Look at a summary of how Graber blinds and Hunter Douglas blinds compare below.
Graber gives you custom-made, quality window treatments in a range of beautiful, on-trend fabrics, and thoughtful, detailed, and personalised service options. Graber helps with interior customization since it is more affordable than Hunter Douglas.
It uses 100% North American hardwood for its products and ensures that those products can be reused and recycled. It provides a top-of-the-line product that is long-lasting. Graber offers highly-quality products at a lower price. The battery tube and shades need separate installation processes, and it has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Graber Blinds deliver precise light, easy-to-operate slats from high-quality materials. When looking for the high-end, natural beauty of wood or the durable versatility of aluminium and vinyl, you have an option that suits your environment, style, and budget.
- It saves you money on batteries
- Excellent battery life
- Operate via Virtual Cord App
- Rechargeable battery wand
- Voice activation with innovative- home systems
- Concealed power source
- No motorised shutter option
- Simple features on the remote
- Solar options unavailable
Hunter Douglas offers S-shaped fabric vanes that float between sheers. These are beautiful with diffused light, along with daytime privacy. It features Silhouette Window Shadings that allow you to enjoy filtered light and a daytime view, maintaining your privacy.
Hunter Douglas produces eco-friendly products, although not as environmentally friendly as Graber. Hunter Douglas makes your home heating escape to the outdoors through your windows, while in the summertime, the outside heat flows into your home through these same windows. It offers window treatments that provide insulation. You can reduce energy consumption, save on heating and cooling costs, and create a more comfortable atmosphere (Energy.gov).
Hunter Douglas blinds help to control solar heat by allowing it into your home in the winter and minimising the amount that comes in during the summer.
- You can mount the remote control on the wall
- Voice activation with smart-home systems
- Operation is through Pebble Remote control
- Control and schedule shades using Powerview App
- It has motorised shutters
- Compatibility with multiple home automation systems
- Connects to Apple Home Kit
- No rechargeable and solar options
- It needs an annual maintenance
- Requires 8AA batteries per shade
Features of Graber blinds
The Graber Virtual Cord uses Somfy technology for easy control of your shades. That is for hard-to-reach or larger window treatments, in which you can operate one shade or several at the same time from a place of your choice. It is simple to use with the touch of one button.
Graber blinds feature an innovative design that keeps your binds safe and sustainable. It offers premium materials and refines the installation process.
Use the bottom rail handle to guide the blind to the desired position to lower the blind. You only have to pull down on the handle.
To close the blinds, on either one of the tilt cords to open angle or close the slats to raise or lower the blind, pull the lift cord down, at a slight angle. Move the cord back to the side to lock it in place.
The headrails provide you with control over the amount of light entering your space. Look closely to locate the headrail brackets and hidden holes that enhance privacy and the light screening effect.
Wand tilt control mechanism
These blinds come with a wand tilt control mechanism, with colour-coordinated cloth tapes to choose from.
Features of Hunter Douglas
Slats and vanes
Hunter Douglas products feature innovative slats and vanes that deflect and redirect sunlight precisely where you want.
Innovative lifting system
With innovations like the unique “Top-Down/Bottom-Up” operating system, you have your privacy without missing the natural light. Its range varies from cordless manual and motorised operating systems to retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, and wand controls.
More innovative lifting system options like enhanced child and pet safety are offered. Child safety comes in window coverings, warning tags, and warning labels. These methods communicate the potential hazards of corded window coverings.
Hunter Douglas offers you multiple motorization options for window treatments. Powerview motorization allows you to operate your blinds and shades from a remote control or your mobile device. SoftTouch motorization is a battery-powered system that uses a wand to control its operation.
Daytime Privacy and Light Control
You have control by tilting the fabric vanes.
The UV Protection keeps furniture and flooring from fading.
Silhouette Halo Window Shadings.
You are allowed light management throughout the day with the Silhouette Halo Window Shadings.
Whole House Solution
This feature gives you a coordinated look for horizontal and vertical window treatments.
What could be better
- A motorised shutter option would have been added.
- Solar options could have been available
- It could have been rechargeable and solar options for extendable use.
- There could be one source of power to cater to the shade.
- Both are highly customizable.
- Hunter Douglas and Graber offer a range of blinds, shades, and shutters. It does not matter the type of window treatment you are looking for, find it from one of these. They have horizontal and vertical blinds made from wood, faux wood, aluminium, and vinyl.
- Both Hunter Douglas and Graber allow you to customise your window treatments to achieve your look. There are many styles, materials, colours, and options to choose from that make combinations endless.
- Both Hunter Douglas and Graber allow you to motorize your window treatments.
- Hunter Douglas and Graber are both concerned about social responsibility.
- Graber and Hunter Douglas have multiple shade styles to minimise excess sunlight.
- Hunter Douglas comes with a higher price tag, whereas Graber is a more affordable, high-quality product. Each one offers a similar product line customised to fit your décor. However, their motorization options are slightly different.
- Graber offers a couple of products not available from Hunter Douglas.
- Although Hunter Douglas is at a higher price range than Graber, it offers a top-of-the-line, high-quality product that lasts longer.
- Hunter Douglas is more involved in helping charities, while Graber focuses more on environmentally friendly approaches.
- Graber offers some window products unavailable from Hunter Douglas,
Both Graber and Hunter Douglas have window treatment options that help you find a solution to your window dressing needs. Both brands have attractive window treatment options, and one of them offers a suitable solution to your window dressing expectation without compromising on quality. No matter your choice, both manufacturers can satisfy your desire for quality shades and blinds that extend, retract, or auto-tilt. I assume you already have your choice.