Gone are the days of lining up your living room furniture against the walls. The modern home designers come with innovative ideas every now and then. One such idea is the floating couch.
Floating furniture in your living room is one of the best ways to maximize the space. You might have seen homes using this trick in an amazing way. But how to do it effectively is the main problem.
Don’t worry. It is not a hard one.
We will see how to float couch in your living room the best way in this article.
5 Advantages of Floating Couch
There are certain reasons as to why you should place a floating sofa in your living room.
Let me tell you that the advantages of using floating furniture are many. It is not just about maximizing the available space. It is more than that and we have them listed below.
To start with the entry path of your home, using floating benches, shelves and other furniture can help you free up your floor space and can also add to the illusion of more space in your room.
Unlike fully covered cabinets and shelves, floating shelves are much simpler. They are open and hence the items kept upon them look more attractive when properly decorated. Along with its beauty characteristics, it is also useful for small spaces.
Unlike regular sofas which consume most of your floor space, the floating sofas and couches will get your dining room a splendid and attractive look and it would create a mirage of a spacious room.
Easy to Handle
Suspended or floating cabinets in your living room add to a better elegance than a floor cabinet. Such cabinets look compact and precise and hence are much easy to handle. Unlike floor cabinets, you can fit a floating cabinet across any wall height according to your need.
One of the best advantages of floating your couches is its conversation friendly design. After the space factor, this is one reason most people go with floating furniture in their living rooms.
If you place sofas closer, I am sure that people will listen to you with at most attention. This is a great way to increase the intimacy with your guests.
The placement of sofas in your room directs the path to move around the room. Floating sofas are really helpful in such cases especially when your room is not so large.
With the furniture floated, you can easily move around in your rooms. This design will give more space between furniture or behind the furniture, making it very easy for people to move around.
Proper light arrangements along with it would make it more attractive.
How to Effectively Float Furniture – 10 Ideas
A captivating sofa floated at a perfect angle in your living room can add a glorious touch to the view of your living room.
We have a list of 13 different ideas on arranging your living room with a floating sofa and are listed below:
- Floating sofas helps us to create multiple seating arrangements, all in one cozy room.Placing a small table near the fireplace and arranging the sofas around it would certainly give you an amazing roundtable conversation experience.
- Placing some chairs near the glass window of your living room would make a perfect place to read newspapers along with a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning.
- A proper view outside the glass barriers of your room can alter your mood even in its worst phase. Allow your floating sofas to give you a peaceful experience by arranging them in a proper angle towards the view outside.
- If you have your room arranged with multiple functionalities then floating a sofa amidst your room can make it more organized.For eg. If your living room has been designed for gaming purposes on one side and has a TV area on its other side, then floating a long length sofa facing towards the TV can lead to a better arrangement of the functionalities.
- If you have a room long enough for seating arrangements to be done on any professional occasion, then a proper way for people to sit can allow more people into the room.
- Floating two long sofas facing each other with a coffee table in between and two cozy chairs at the other ends of the table can allow more than ten people to fit in that place. This will yield the best results if you use similar kind or sofas from the same manufacturers.Now you have the rest of the room left for accommodating others. Make the seating arrangements accordingly.
- A spectacular staircase can add a marvelous look to your room and when the staircase is floated, you can have a complete satisfaction with its looks. They are designed to be lighter than the regular staircases and more efficient when it comes to space management.
- A compact desk for working purposes can be floated between two beds in your room. This would allow you to both works and rest together. Unlike a regular working table, this would save more space.
- A floating bathtub in a living space beside an exotic garden view can provide you with a stunning experience rather than place the bathtub in one corner of your bathroom
- If you want to go for floating furniture combos, then I would suggest floating two chairs facing each other with a glass table in between and a sofa behind the table facing a TV placed on the wall.
Ready for Floating Sofa in Living Room?
Floating a sofa is undoubtedly a miraculous way to maximize the space in your living room. There has been a trend of innovative concepts in the living rooms and this one has stood out amongst them.
The five reasons given by me will tempt you to float your comfortable sofas in the living room. But, please do check that your home demands it. If so, make use of those ten awesome floating ideas. Do let me know how do you feel after floating the furniture.